Thompson House – Alta

Stanley A. and Clara L. Thompson purchased this site in 1931; he was secretary of Westbrook Oil Co. Their River Crest House was designed by Joseph Pelich; construction work was carried out by J.H. Bradshaw. The large Tudor Revival house is in composition a two-story, hip-roofed main section flanked by angled wings. Offset gabled bays project forward to contain the arched portal. Most of the house is clad in randomly coursed, dressed limestone, while the second floor of the south bay is clad in stucco with half-timbering. The house may be eligible for the National Register.

Leave a Comment