Thornton House – Marigold

This quaint sandstone veneer house features two front gables intersected by the gable of the main body of the house. One small gable forms a separate bay, and the large steeply pitched main sable has wide eaves which shelter low, round arch openings. The combination of form and materials gives the house a diminutive doll house quality. Otis H. Thornton hired contractor Thomas Powell to build this house in 1937. Mr. Thornton, a manager with Finley-Kitchens Commission Co., lived here until 1951 when the current owner purchased the property.

Leave a Comment