Tyler House – Valley Ridge

William H. and Pauline Tyler purchased this house about 1936. Tyler was president of Tyler & Simpson, a wholesale groceries firm based at the T & P Warehouse. Constructed by Byrne & Luther, Inc., developers who built many homes in Westover Hills, the house is an eclectic, two-story Period Revival style design faced in dark red brick. Composed as a series of intersecting, hipped masses, the structure has fine window and door surrounds and quoins of stone. The house appears unaltered.

Leave a Comment