Keith House – Berkeley

The Keith House was built c. 1922 by W. C. Mobley. For 30 years, it was the residence of Ben E. Keith (1882-1959), civic leader and president of a major wholesale produce company and beer distributorship. John Alderman, a Fort Worth police and fire commissioner, was the earliest recorded owner. The house has white stucco … Read more

Hardisty House – Forest Park

This house was built for Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Hardisty by C. M. Butcher, a prominent Fort Worth contractor. The gabled brick house occupies a conspicuous corner lot with stone retaining wall, and serves as a gateway house to the Berkeley subdivision.

Carroll House – Ward

The Carroll House is a picturesquely massed structure. In composition, it is composed of interlocking one and two-story gabled wings, clad in polychrome brick, with half-timbered bay on the front wall. Reputedly the first house on the street, it was built in 1928 by the firm of Mobley & Delaney from the plans of W. … Read more

Bockstein House – Windsor

This two-story brick house, with projecting front porch, prominent chimney and symmetrical loggia and porte-cochere to each side, is virtually identical to the slightly earlier Bevan House at 2900 6th Avenue, designed and built by Dr. M. J. Bisco. It was built in 1929 for Harry Bockstein, president of a company dealing in wholesale fruit … Read more

Hill House – Ward

This two-story L-plan brick house was built in 1930 and purchased in 1934 by J. H. Hill, oilman. His nephew, J. Christopher Hill, became the owner in 1940. The house remains in the family. The house is no longer owned by the Hill family.

O’Daniel House – Warner

This two-story brick-veneered house has a tiled hipped roof. Although it is undistinguished architecturally, the house has a fascinating history. Its present appearance dates from a major remodeling in the 1920s by W. Lee “Pappy” O’Daniel, then manager of the Burris Flour Mill, late governor of Texas (1939-41) and U. S. Senator (1941-49). O’Daniel owned … Read more

Copeland House – Forest Park

The Copeland House is an H-plan bungalow with brick walls and interlocking glazed green-tiled gabled roofs, sited on a raised corner lot. A walled terrace with urn planters wraps around two sides of the house. It was built c. 1926 for Rudy Copeland, president of the Textile Securities Corporation. Reputedly, the house was designed as … Read more

Forest Park Gates – Park Pl

This pair of identical stone towers was erected by the City of Fort Worth to flank the entrance to Forest Park. They were designed by Fort Worth architect John Pollard, and constructed by the Bryce Building Co. in 1917-18. Each is of rubble limestone construction, square in plan, with slightly tapering walls and a red … Read more

Llewellyn House – Ben Hall

This gabled bungalow was built for John T. Llewellyn, a property manager and realtor, c. 1922. The Llewellyns resided here until 1949. One of the few bungalows in a neighborhood of later houses, it has a brick veneer over wood frame.

Albertina Monnig House – Berkeley

This two-story house was built c. 1923 for the widow of Otto F. Monnig, co-founder of a well-known Fort Worth department store. The builder was W. C. Mobley. It is a typical builder’s version of a vaguely Prairie Style residence.