Parsons House – Chase

The Parsons House is a two-story gabled buff brick house with gabled portico and walled terrace. Built in 1921 for Edward V. Parsons, president of Anaonian Petroleum Co., the house was owned from 1947 to 1955 by Leo Potishman, a well-known Fort Worth businessman and philanthropist. The Parsons House is a contributing resource in the … Read more

Johnson House – Chase

Dr. Clay Johnson was a noted Fort Worth physician and civic leader. He served on the Fort Worth Board of Education during the 1910s. The architects he chose for his house on Chase Court were Marion L. Waller and E. Stanley Field, who designed several schools in the city, including the old Fort Worth High … Read more

La Beaune Carriage House/Garage – Chase

This two-story carriage house is constructed of stone on the ground floor and half-timbered above. The roof has rolled eaves to simulate thatch. It was built by Dr. Gilbert E. La Beaune, using stone from the original E. E. Chase barn. A large house built at the same time at the front of the property … Read more

Calhoun House – Chase

The Calhoun House is a compactly scaled and carefully detailed gambreled brick house, symmetrically planned with central arched portico, French doors and chimneys on the end walls. Designed by architects Glascow and Longley, it was built for Hugh and Estelle Calhoun in 1926. The Calhoun House is a contributing resource in the Fairmount-Southside Historic District … Read more

Rogers House – Chase

The Rogers House is a two-story ochre brick residence with staggered plan, red-tiled hipped roof, full front porch and side porte-cochere. It was built c. 1920 for E. M. Rogers, president of the E. M. Co., Inc., a grain company headquartered in the Neil P. Anderson Building in downtown Fort Worth. The Rogers House is … Read more