Commercial Building – 302-04 Houston Street

302-04 Houston Street, Commercial Building, c. 1900; c. 1925.  This two-story brick commercial structure was built around 1900 and remodeled circa 1925, when the storefronts were clad with Vitrolite and pressed aluminum siding, Tenants through the years included Piggly Wiggly grocery, Nobby Harness Co., Austin Hotel, Martin’s Women’s Clothing, Hanover Shoe Store, Sherman’s Men’s Shop, and the Optical Clinic.  This building was demolished in conjunction with the Sundance West project, but is retained in the survey for purposes of documentation.