Connell House – Elizabeth

The Connell House is a very large two-story structure faced in red brick with cast stone trim and green-tiled roof. It has a symmetrical composition of hipped central block flanked by recessed hipped wings. An expansive balustraded terrace extends across the front, with central roof-terraced portico. Transomed floor-length windows open onto the terrace; those flanking the portico have Palladian surrounds. The house was built c. 1917 for Wilson E. Connell, president of the First National Bank of Fort Worth. Connell was a self-made man who arrived in Fort Worth in 1898. He had other business interests, including ranching. The house remained in the Connell family until 1951. The Connell House is a contributing resource in the Elizabeth Boulevard Historic District (local and national).

Leave a Comment