Crown Machine and Tool Company – Lancaster

William Harrison, president of Crown Machine and Tool Co., purchased this site in 1943 for $3,000 and had the building erected in 1944. Architects Fooshee and Cheek of Dallas were responsible for the design. Harrison’s firm manufactured machinery and produced shells for the war effort; with peacetime, the company produced small molded plastic items until 1964. The two-story structure is faced in yellow-buff brick with cast-stone Moderne details. But for a window replacement on the central bay, the building is in good condition.

Leave a Comment