E.G. Rall Company Grain Elevators – Woolery

Elbert G. Rall, a prominent figure in the wholesale grain industry of Fort Worth, first constructed a grain elevator on this site next to the Saint Louis and San Francisco Railroad lines in 1914-15. Records indicate that in 1924 and 1930 the structure underwent alterations; by 1935 the capacity had almost doubled, to one million bushels. Of reinforced concrete construction, the building has ten double silos to the north of the central elevator and nine to the south. A prominent landmark on the West Side, the structure appears abandoned. The complex appears to be eligible for inclusion in the proposed Industrial Structures National Register Thematic Group.

Leave a Comment