Florence Shuman Hall – Pennsylvania

This two-story brick structure, generally rectangular in plan, has a bracketed hipped roof and shuttered double-hung windows. A full front terrace is partially covered by a porch with wrought-iron posts. Built as a residence for William R. Edrington, who purchased the property from John C. Ryan in 1914, it was acquired by the Woman’s Club in 1924 and subsequently named for a charter member. The house has been altered severely by the demolition of the west wing, the removal of the original brick portico, and the reconfiguration of walls and roofs. It was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1967.

Leave a Comment