Fowler House – Gordon

This wood-framed house is one of the oldest in the area east of T. C. U. The rectangular plan and gabled roof with full projecting porch — a recurring type in the towns and countryside of Tarrant County — is rare in Fort Worth. It was built by L. C. Fowler, Sr., c. 1918. Fowler, a railroad employee, incorporated railroad ties and bridge timbers in the house’s construction. With more complete documentation, the house may be eligible for the National Register. The Fowler House has been demolished and the property is now part of a parking lot for nearby Paschal High School.

Leave a Comment