Grant House – Central

John E Grant, a hog and sheep salesman for Godair-Crowley Commission Co., was the first owner of this wood-frame house. Grant had also been a secretary for the City of North Fort Worth in 1904. The property remained in the Grant family until 1947. In a typical rendition of a vernacular form, the house is composed as a hipped block with a front projecting gabled wing and a half porch that wraps around the front and south side. Dentils and Tuscan columns ornament the porch.

Leave a Comment