Lusher House – 6th

The Lusher House is a small wood-framed dwelling with an unusual symmetrical composition consisting of three-sided end bays with peaked roofs projecting forward from a rectangular main wing with truncated hipped roof. The front porch has slender turned posts with delicate jig-sawn brackets and spindled frieze. A two-story flat-roofed wing was added c. 1920, marring the original composition. The earliest recorded owner was Henry W. Lusher. The Lusher House is a contributing resource in the Fairmount-Southside Historic District (local and national). Since originally documented, it has received a complimentary paint treatment.

Leave a Comment