Margaret Meacham Hall – Pennsylvania

This large two and one-half story brick house is generally rectangular in plan, with an eclectic design incorporating elements of the Queen Anne, Mission Revival and Prairie styles. The house is a stepped series of hipped forms with a prominent oriel turret at the principal front corner. A stone terrace wraps around the front and side, with roof-terraced arcaded portico on the front and recessed portico on the side. Missionesque quatrefoil windows are set in the west wall. J. F. Moore purchased the property in 1904; the house, designed by L. B. Weinman, was constructed soon after. It served as a nurse’s home in the 1920s, then as a funeral home until purchased by the Woman’s Club in 1953. Named for a charter member and long-time director of the club, the structure was designated a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1967.

Leave a Comment