Martin House – Galveston

This two-story brick house was built shortly after the fire of 1909. The original owner was John Martin, a prosperous blacksmith, wheelwright and carriage-maker. A cast stone plaque beneath the front eave depicts the letter “M” set between ornate brackets. The house remained in the Martin family until 1951. The Martin House has been demolished

Leave a Comment