Motor Supply and Brake Service – Main

This one-story commercial garage has a central garage entry flanked by fixed-pane windows on either side. The structure is faced in gleaming white, glazed brick. Tax records indicate that the structure was most likely built around 1945 on the former site of a garage. William H. Baker and Olin S. Hughes operated the Motor Supply and Brake Service here soon after they purchased the site in 1945. Still in use as a garage, the structure lies within the Fort Worth Stockyards National Register Historic District. When the structure reaches fifty years of age, it should be considered as a contributor to the district.

Leave a Comment