Texas Rail and Joint Co. – Commerce

Located in the industrial district just north of Trinity River, Texas Rail and Joint Co. appears to have leased this site from c.1930 to 1950 from Townsend P. Womack, an automobile dealer. Tax records date the industrial structure to c. 1920. The shop building is in composition a corrugated metal gable roof with a monitor ridge supported by a framework of round steel columns and steel trusses. The structure is open for the most part, although the north and west elevations are partially enclosed with corrugated metal.

Leave a Comment