Tucker House – Bryan

The Tucker House is a one-story wood-framed cottage with a rectangular plan and gabled roof. The gabled portico which projects from the recessed corner porch is notable for its elliptical archway with applied keystone springing from the boxed and paneled posts. The house was built c. 1908 for R. H. Tucker, a relative of W. B. Tucker, who had subdivided the surrounding four blocks in 1892. It was on the edge of the burned district of the great fire of 1909. The windows are now covered with security bars. The gable end above the porch has been covered with solid wood siding and the balustrade has been removed. The lower photo was taken in 2007.

Leave a Comment