University Drive Bridges – University

A road bridge across Clear Fork of Trinity River at Burleson Street (now University Drive) opened January 3, 1938. W. L. Kelly, County Engineer, was responsible for the design, which features a Pratt through-truss of steel construction over concrete piers. A second bridge of pony truss construction was completed to the east of the first bridge in 1949. Both bridges feature concrete railings with Modeme scoring. The north ends of both spans have been reconstructed and lengthened.

Leave a Comment