Widows Inn Bar/ Drop Inn Bar – 207 Nichols Street

207 Nichols Street, Widows Inn Bar/Drop Inn Bar, c. 1952. This tavern, built about 1952 to house the Widows Inn Bar managed by Mrs. Emma Hill, was located in one of Fort Worth’s oldest African-American neighborhoods. The name was changed to Drop Inn Bar about 1955. A two-story concrete block building sheathed in gray stucco, the structure was distinguished by its two-story arcaded front. The building was demolished in the early 1980s, but this survey listing is retained for documentary purposes.

Leave a Comment