Laneri House – Jennings

John B. Laneri, a native of Italy, immigrated to the United States in 1873, settling in Fort Worth in 1883. A successful entrepreneur with many business interests, he established in 1905 the Fort Worth Macaroni Company, which remains a family owned business, known today as the O. B. Macaroni Company. Laneri also built a non-sectarian … Read more

House – Magnolia

This gabled one-story wood-framed house has a shotgun plan and shed-roofed porch along the front gable end. Built c. 1925, the house was first listed in city directories as the residence of a domestic. Tenants changed every few years. The house was damaged by fire after the initial survey was completed, but has been retained … Read more

Anna Shelton Hall – Pennsylvania

Anna Shelton Hall is a one-story banquet and lecture hall, rectangular in plan, with green glazed tile hipped roof. The fanlit arcade on the front elevation, which originally had double doors opening onto a full terrace, is now enclosed with fixed-sash windows. This building was the first construction project undertaken by the Woman’s Club. It … Read more

Edwards House – Jennings

The Edwards House is a large two-story structure clad in light brown brick. In composition it is a hipped masonry block with low-slung wrap-around porch. A balcony with curved parapet and a horizontal oval window on the south wall seem incongruous compared to the overall severe massing and restrained ornament. The first owner was Patrick … Read more

Streetlights – Page

These three streetlights on the grounds of E.M. Daggett School probably were installed in 1926, when the school was enlarged. Approximately 20 feet high, with a tapering fluted pole and bell-top luminaire, they are similar to ornamental streetlights installed on city streets in the 1920s. They were manufactured by the Union Metal Co. of Canton, … Read more

Waples Hall – Pennsylvania

A one-story rectangular brick structure has a flat-topped hipped roof clad in green glazed tile. It adjoins the rear of Anna Shelton Hall, with an entry facing Lake Street. Designed by Wiley G. Clarkson and built in 1949, the building houses a tea room/banquet hall.

Alexander-Heeman House – Jennings

This two-story wood-framed house has clapboard walls and is generally rectangular in plan. The roof is a series of interlocking hips with flaring eaves. A porch wraps around the front and one side, supported by boxed paneled posts. Built c. 1908, the house’s first owner was Thomas H. Alexander, a real estate broker. The Heeman … Read more

Streetlights, (University Place neighborhood) – Cockrell

Ornamental streetlights, common in American cities prior to World War II, are increasingly rare. New lighting technology and cheaper fixtures continue to replace older standards. Fort Worth retains a variety of ornamental streetlights in some of its historic residential neighborhoods. These were installed in the University Place subdivision by the Eugene Ashe Electric Co. between … Read more

Ida Saunders Hall – Pennsylvania

This large two-story brick house has a generally rectangular plan and hipped roof. It is a dignified composition consisting of a forward-projecting central bay with arcaded windows above and recessed arched entry below. A full terrace extends across the front. Attributed to architect L. B. Weinman, it was built c. 1903 as the residence of … Read more

Membership has its rewards

Please join with other generous individuals, corporations, and foundations to help Historic Fort Worth with its mission to preserve history.

Tour McFarland House for Free. Receive free membership tour tickets as other discounts.

Historic Fort Worth is a 501c (3) charity.