North Hi Mount Elementary School – 7th

Replacing earlier temporary school buildings on the site, North Hi Mount Elementary School was constructed 1934-35 by Works Progress Administration labor. Architect Wyatt C. Hedrick was responsible for the Spanish-Mediterranean Revival design; James T. Taylor was contractor for the Fort Worth bond project. One-story auditorium and cafeteria wings project forward from the two-story main block … Read more

Egan House – Owasso

Marie Egan purchased this Hi Mount Addition parcel in 1924; she was the daughter of contractor Matthew Egan, who may have built the house. The house was first subdivided into apartments in 1935. The two-story house is clad in stucco and has a red-tiled, gable roof. A one-story arcade extends across the front of the … Read more

Hitching Posts – Clarke

Tapered concrete hitching posts on several West Side streets possibly were installed when the Hi Mount Land Co. opened the area to residential development in 1906; further documentation is needed.