Ahavath Sholom Hebrew Cemetery – University

Ahavath Sholom, Fort Worth’s first Jewish Orthodox congregation, was formed in 1892. Emanuel Hebrew Rest, the first Jewish burial ground, was established in the South Side in 1879. Six acres for a second burial ground were acquired on the West Side in 1909. An entrance is formed by two rusticated limestone pedestals supporting a metal-screened arch; this is embellished with Stars of David and the cemetery name. Densely packed gravestones cover the grounds to the north of the central drive, while the southern section exhibits no markers.

Leave a Comment