Albert J. Rivers House – 705 E. Bluff Street

705 E. Bluff Street [SAHD(NR)], Albert J. Rivers House, 1903.  Albert J. Rivers, an electrician for Armour & Co., bought this lot in 1903 and had his residence constructed here that same year.  The Rivers family owned the property until 1965.  The one-story wood frame house has an unusual double hipped roof central section with a projecting gabled bay.  Colonial Revival detailing is carried through in the porch columns and window muntins.  The house has had some alterations, primarily the application of asbestos siding.  The house contributes to the proposed Samuels Avenue National Register Historic District.

Leave a Comment