Alderson Millinery Shop – Main

A 1924 mechanic’s lien indicates that this store was constructed for Mrs. Virginia E. Alderson, a widow. A similar shop apparently was erected for owner Paul Mihniewicz at the same time on the adjoining lot to the north, although this is no longer extant. The one-story, parapeted brick structure has corbeled and glazed brickwork in the frieze. The storefront has been extensively altered. Mrs. Alderson ran a millinery shop, later a ladies’ ready to wear clothing store, at this address through 1930. A number of retail operations have occupied the premises since then. The structure contributes to the Fort Worth Stockyards National Register Historic District.

Leave a Comment