Arlington Heights Presbyterian Church – Camp Bowie

A cornerstone and tax records indicate that this church was initially constructed in 1922 as Arlington Heights Presbyterian Church. A reading room was added in 1955. Ownership of the site passed to Partners in Prayer, Inc. in 1965; the First Church of Christ Scientist relocated in 1976 to this site. The polychrome brick- veneer church is in the Gothic Revival style. The gable end facing Camp Bowie Boulevard features a single large stained-glass window with cast-stone surrounds. Some alterations have occurred, such as the bricking in of several windows and new construction to the rear.

Leave a Comment