Arlington Heights Pump Station – Watonga

Shortly after Arlington Heights was annexed by Fort Worth in 1922, this site was purchased by the city for use as a booster station for the West Side water system. The one-story structure was constructed by West and Womack, general contractors. Faced in buff brick, the parapeted gable end contains three arched openings under a tiled roof. A pumproom was housed in the front room, while living quarters for the resident engineer were located at the rear Alterations to update and automate the station were undertaken in 1948-49 by Freese and Nichols, and further changes were made in 1954.

Leave a Comment