Armstrong House – Winton

This post-war house was designed and built in character with the traditional architecture of the neighborhood. The massing, clipped gabled roofs, diaper-patterned brick walls and Tudor-arched entry all give the appearance of an earlier house. It was built in 1956 by Robert Petrie and Edward Baker for Mr. and Mrs. Otho C. Armstrong. At the time, Armstrong was president of Harris Hospital (see 1300 W. Cannon Avenue).

Leave a Comment