Bober Building – Exchange

Commercial structures are recorded on this site as early as 1909. William Bober, a jeweler, purchased the property in 1931. Two 1931 building permits indicate that the westernmost storefront was constructed first by contractor C. M. Ingram. Later that year, two storefronts, numbers 108 and 110, were completed for Bober by builder Frank Firmin. Exchange Cleaners and Dyers and Bober’s own jewelry shop, Stockyards Jewelers, located in the one-story structure; other spaces were rented to a barber and an optometrist. At present, the parapeted brick storefronts have been remodeled and sport a rustic wooden canopy. The structure contributes to the Fort Worth Stockyards National Register Historic District.

Leave a Comment