Chandler House – Birchman

Marion Chandler, a chief clerk at the Frisco Lines, owned this Arlington Heights property from 1917 to 1919. In 1917, Chandler contracted with builder C. B. Dorchester for construction at this site, presumably this house. A positive identification of early owners and occupants cannot be made for this site because Arlington Heights street names and numbering sequences changed about 1925. The two-story, wood- framed house has a hip roof with deep, boxed eaves supported by brackets. A one-story entry porch is pedimented and carried by Tuscan columns; a side porch has been enclosed. The house is used presently for offices.

Leave a Comment