Cody House/Hereford Hotel – Exchange

This three-story hotel structure with first-floor commercial spaces appears in the 1911 City Directory as Cody House, William Cody, proprietor. During the l920s, Mrs. L. C. Brown ran her Hotel Brown No. 2 here; Hereford Hotel located here in 1936. A variety of commercial establishments have carried on business in the street-level shops. The upper floors of the parapeted brick structure exhibit segmentally arched windows over cast- stone sill courses. The structure was renovated for office use in 1986. Cody House lies within the Fort Worth Stockyards National Register Historic District.

Leave a Comment