College Avenue Baptist Church Sunday School Building – College

Organized in 1905, College Avenue Baptist Church initially met in a tent on a lot at College Avenue and Leuda Street. A sanctuary was erected in 1906. The church moved to the site at 1333 College Avenue in 1916 and erected a new sanctuary, now demolished. The existing three-story brick education building, designed by architect Clyde H. Woodruff, was built in 1924-25. The church subsequently built new facilities nearby. The education building was sold in 1979, and is now used for offices and a dance studio. The College Avenue Baptist Church Sunday School Building is a contributing resource in the Fairmount-Southside Historic District (local and national). The building is currently for sale.

Leave a Comment