Commercial Row – Park Hill

This commercial development was designed as a row of Tudor Revival cottages stepping up a sloping site. It was built c. 1927 as an income property for Dr. W. C. Duringer. The store on the west end was added slightly later; it burned and was rebuilt in 1956. The brick walls and half-timbering of the row have been painted; were the paint removed and the row sensitively restored, it might be eligible for the National Register. The buildings in this row received the Demolition Delay designation in 1995.

Leave a Comment