Fash House – Oakland

Ralph H. and Annie G. Fash purchased this property in 1920, and built this house in 1925. Mr. Fash founded Fort Worth Laboratories. This house is one of the largest and most accomplished examples of Tudor Revival in East Fort Worth. It was designed by William C. Meador, an architect who made frequent use of historic revival styles. The unusual, symmetrical facade has a red brick, central two-story hipped block flanked by paired gables (one projecting, one recessed) with vertical half timbering. The left gable forms a large entrance porch, and a central chimney divides the front facade. A long transverse gabled wing intersecting from the south breaks up the facade’s symmetry. A fire in 2011 burned down most of the house and has since been demolished

Leave a Comment