Gas Station – Alston

This small gas station has pressed-metal simulated brick walls and a simulated Spanish-tiled hipped roof. It is rectangular in plan with a small office and recessed drive-through. Built c. 1920, the station has had many owners and names through the years. The gas station is a contributing resource in the Fairmount-Southside Historic District (local and national). It appears to be vacant and in need of maintenance.

Leave a Comment