Gray House – Avenue E

According o tax records, this house was build about 1912. The 1912 city directory lists the first owner as James J. Gray, a watchman for the Texas and Pacific Railroad. Clara Bowen purchased the house in 1939 and owned it until 1959. This is a fine, intact example of a common folk house type-a one and one-half story house clad in narrow horizontal siding with a full porch supported by square columns recessed beneath the front gable slope.

Leave a Comment