Harrison-Crumley House – Mistletoe

This two-story Tudor Revival house is handsomely rendered in red brick and partially half-timbered with white stucco infill on the second story. It was built c. 1925 by A. H. Smith for James Harrison, co-owner of the Fort Worth distributorship of Peerless Motor Cars. The Crumley family has owned the property since 1942. With more complete documentation, the house may be eligible for the National Register. The Harrison-Crumley House was designated Demolition Delay in 1995. It was demolished in 2000 after the new owners received the 180-day delay before demolition could proceed. Its destruction served as an impetus for portions of the Mistletoe Heights neighborhood to secure designation as a local historic district in 2002. The lot on which the house sat remains vacant.

Leave a Comment