Henry Hammann Meat Market/ Terry’s Grill – 902 Houston Street

902 Houston Street, Henry Hammann Meat Market/Terry’s Grill, c. 1909; 1981.  Constructed about 1909 to house Henry Hammann’s Meat Market, this small one-story brick commercial building has also been used as a bakery, grocery store, and dry good establishment.  Since about 1936 it has been in use as a restaurant under several proprietors.  The storefront was substantially altered over the years, but in 1981 Ronnie Brown, who operates Terry’s Grill, attempted to restore the feel of an early twentieth-century building.

Leave a Comment