House – Circle Park

Kennerley Robey, chief engineer of Fort Worth Stock Yards Co. and later civil engineer for city flood control, purchased several adjoining lots fronting on Boulevard in 1906 and 1912. The Robey family home was at 1420 Boulevard, later called Circle Park Boulevard. Apparently constructed as a rental or servant’s house, this small structure was first listed in 1923 as the residence of Francis M. Woods, a painter. Of rectangular plan, the one-story structure is constructed of rusticated concrete block to simulate stone. Distinctive elements of the house include the jerkinhead front gable of the frame construction above the cutaway comer entry porch.

Leave a Comment