House – 404 Harding Street

404 Harding Street, House, c. 1905. Booker Cump was the first identified tenant of this house, listed in the 1922 city directory.  The houses’s form and detailing suggest a much earlier construction date, and it is possible that the house was moved to this site in the early 1920s.  The gallery-like porch, wrapping around the front and side of this simple folk structure, gave character to the wood frame residence.  This house has been demolished, but the entry is retained in the survey for purposes of documentation.

Leave a Comment