House – 1001 Morgan Street

1001 Morgan Street, House, c. 1908. Constructed as a rental property, this house was first home to Henry N. Babcock, a salesman, and Wellington T Jones, a fruit inspector.  In 1915 the property was purchased by Leroy Brown, a Pullman porter, who lived here with his wife Estelle until 1981.  That year the property was demolished to make way for a freeway frontage road near the Butler Place housing development.  The listing for this L-plan house has been retained in the survey for purposes of documentation.

Leave a Comment