James A. Conner House – 300 Lake Street

300 Lake Street, James A. Conner House, c. 1903. Constructed about 1903 for James A. Conner of the Beaver Gin Filer Co., this house gained distinction from the classical simplicity of its massing and detailing.  The generous porch, which curved around the front and side of the house, had fluted Doric columns.  Noted Fort Worth educator Lily B. Clayton owned the house between 1908 and 1942, but did not live here.  This house has been demolished, but is retained in the survey for purposes of documentation.

Leave a Comment