James Welsh House – 911 Cherry Street

911 Cherry Street, James Welch House, 1909.  James Welch, a molder with Fort Worth Machine and Foundry Co. and his wife Marie hired contractor C.B. Webb to construct this house according to plans by architect Marion L. Waller.  The house was completed in 1909.  During the teens Marie Welch offered furnished rooms here.  The two-story wood frame house was distinguished by its full-columned galleries on both stories of the front facade.  Isolated in a sea of central business district parking lots, the house remained in the Welch family through the early 1980s.  It has since been demolished, but this listing is retained for documentary purposes.

Leave a Comment