Lone Star/Producer’s Corporation Grain Elevators – Main

This another complex of grain elevators and tanks, built initially in 1930 and 1931 by Lone Star Elevators Inc., and purchased by the Producer’s Grain Corporation in 1945. A 2,000,000 bushel elevator with distinctive “pleated” bins was added in 1954. Chalmers & Borton of Hutchinson, Kansas, were the architects and contractors. Steel tanks were constructed in 1962. The total storage capacity of the complex is over 4,000,000 bushels. The complex is eligible for the National Register, both individually and as a contributor to an historic district. The Lone Star/Producer’s Corporation Grain Elevators were designated Demolition Delay in 1998.

Leave a Comment