Reich House – Mistletoe

This two-story brick house has offset wings with steeply pitched gabled roofs projecting forward from a hipped-roofed central mass. The interior gabled wing is stuccoed with vertical half-timbering on the second story. Designed by Joseph R. Pelich, construction began in 1924 and was completed the following spring. The original owner was B.C. Reich, Jr. (1887-1964), the first chairman of the Fort Worth Housing Authority and an amateur historian. Reich’s grandfather came to Fort Worth from Germany, and the house’s design may allude to medieval German architecture. Mrs. B. C. Reich, Jr., still resides in the house. The house has had two different owners since Mrs. Reich. It is a contributing resource in the Mistletoe Heights Historic District.

Leave a Comment