Rigg House – Crestline

William Rigg, director of Citizens’ Savings and Loan Association and secretary-treasurer of Armored Motor Services, Inc., purchased several lots at the corner of Crestline and Washburn between 1927 and 1938. His house was designed and constructed by Herbert G. Walker, contractor, in 1929, and Rigg was listed as occupying the house in 1930. The two-story gabled house has a rectangular plan with a one-story shed- roofed loggia to the east and a one-story gabled wing to the west. The distinctive feature of the house was its veneer of polychrome clinker brick and stone, but the brick has recently been painted. A low garden wall surrounds the property.

Leave a Comment