Rumph House – Grand

Dr. Demetrius Rumph, a physician and surgeon, acquired this Belmont Terrace parcel in 1918. His residence was constructed the following year on the bluff-top site, commanding a view toward the west. The one and one-half story bungalow, faced in variegated yellow brick, features a number of intersecting jerkinhead gables. The gable ends are embellished with stucco and half-timbering. The house contributes to the proposed Grand Avenue National Register Historic District.

Leave a Comment