Sam Vaughn Co./ Abe Martin Co – 715 W. Belknap Street

715 W. Belknap Street, Sam Vaughn Co./Abe Martin Co., 1946.  Sam Vaughn, a dealer in water and oil well supplies and the Fort Worth agent for Aeromotor windmills, hired architect Charles T. Freelove of Consolidated Architects and Engineers to design this building.  Constructed in 1946, the late Moderne structure features rounded corners and aluminum lettering applied to the front wall.  It is built of concrete block sheathed in white painted stucco.  Since the mid-1950s the building has housed the Abe Martin Co., a water well supply dealer.

Leave a Comment