Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. Office and Exchange No.7 – Pershing

This telephone exchange was originally constructed in 1930 as a one-story building clad in light yellow brick with Modeme terra cotta spandrel panels and portico. The general contracting firm of William Southwell, Inc., is named in telephone company records as responsible for construction and design. Two fairly sympathetic additions to the rectangular block have occurred since 1930; a second floor was added in 1952 by contractor B. B. Adams, and a new building of similar scale was constructed to the west during the 1970s.

Leave a Comment