Stop Nona Garage – Lancaster

City directory records from 1929 list the first business here as the Stop Nona Garage, run by JH. Hawks. James and Gertrude Harrison owned the property and were responsible for constructing the one-story brick commercial structure with end piers and a central stepped parapet with a corbelled brick cornice. The building was sold in 1940 and remodeled several times to house a feed store, a photographer’s studio and, in 1946, a liquor store. The building contributes in its scale and materials to the surrounding 1920s commercial area. It is similar to the structure at 4081 E. Lancaster Avenue .

Leave a Comment